Proven Success in providing a high level of IT service in a variety of circumstances and situations.
- Network Administration – Seven years experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining enterprise servers, SANs, and data backup. Worked within a team to accomplish all tasks required for the management of all IT services from desktop computers and networking to server room infrastructure including cooling and power systems.
- IT Management and Support – Ten additional years experience in all levels of IT. Directed all IT operations at a Grant funded institution in an academic environment. Experience with sales, tier one, tier two, and tier three support. Developed and provided staff training as well as designed training materials for other trainers.
- APC UPS Power Backup
- Google Apps
- HP Proliant Servers
- IBM / Lenovo X Series Servers
- MAC OS X, iOS
- MalWare Bytes Enterprise
- Microsoft Active Directory (Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 365
- Network (Switches, Routers, ASA, Wireless Access Points)
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Symantec Endpoint Security
- Video Editing
- VMWare ESXi
- Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012
- WSUS – Windows Update Server
Fastline Publications, Inc. 10/2008 to Present
Sole network administrator for an international publishing company. Primary responsibility is to maintain uptime for all websites, email, file storage, and systems. Fully responsible for all hardware in onsite server room. Responsible for planning, acquisition, installation, and maintenance for over thirty-five servers, physical and virtual. Responsible for all backups, duplicate backups, and offsite storage of tapes. Work with team members to support 140 employees at two locations, as well as around the world. Remote control and management of forty offsite laptops and iPads.
- Repaired tape backup system within two weeks of hire and resumed offsite tape backup storage.
- Upgraded from two virtual servers running on Hyper-V and managed the entire migration to a three-host VMware environment.
- Migrated Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.
- Managed procurement and installation of NetApps SAN.
- Designed, setup, and managed VLAN installation for IP phone system, including configuration and installation of Cisco POE switches.
The University of Louisville 07/2007 to 09/2008
Enterprise Systems Administrator
Worked on team with four other Systems Administrators to deploy and manage 200+ Windows Servers. Provided backup and assistance to team of administrators managing Linux and Novel servers. Managed GroupWise email accounts and servers. Responsible for racking, installing OS, and configuring IBM x series servers in a large academic environment. Responsible for setting up backups and restores from multiple systems. Acted as liaison between IT and departments for co-locating servers and other services. Created solutions beyond the standard server setup for several departments saving money, time, and effort for all involved.
The University of Virginia 01/2000 to 07/2007
IT Director, The Preschool Language and Literacy Lab (P3L) 02/2006 to 07/2007
Directed and managed IT for grant funded organization. Managed three Research Assistants. Designed and programmed system for retention and reporting of data for multiple projects. Managed computer lab and all computer equipment. Supported all Principle Investigators and staff. Provided training on all aspects of IT.
Local Support Partner and Coordinator of the University Library Laptop Checkout Program, Clemons Library at The University of Virginia 02/2001 To 01/2006
Provided full IT support for all staff. Managed and maintained fifty-station student computer lab with printers. Management and upkeep of eighty laptop computers available to students at five library locations. Provided Library System wide staff training for many IT functions.
Classroom and Media Support, Curry School of Education 01/2000 to 01/2001
Provided onsite support for all classroom needs. Delivered and setup laptops, projectors, sound systems and other audiovisual equipment. Supported built-in classroom equipment and managed graduate student computer lab.